Kendo na hÉireann is the governing body for Kendo, Iaido and Jodo in Ireland. We are a member of the Irish Martial Arts Commission, the European Kendo Federation and the International Kendo Federation. Kendo in Ireland began formally in 1998 and there are now four established clubs; two are in Dublin, one in Cork and one in Galway.
All clubs are in accordance with Garda and government regulations governing the safe practice of martial arts.
The Irish Kendo Federation is a democratically run organization providing direction and guidance to Kendo, Iaido and jodo activities within Ireland.
There are four Kendo na hÉireann executive committee members
- President – Jason Clouston firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-president – Raul Fernandez email@example.com
- Treasurer – Martin Kiosew firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary – Kathryn Cassidy email@example.com
We also have a number of non-executive members
- Children’s Officer – Oscar Breathnach
- Anti-Doping Officers – Maurycy Kaczor & Lionel Clausse
- Coaching Officer – Martin Kiosew
Membership is compulsory to partake in any Irish, European or Worldwide Kendo activities.